equator

equator

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Saturday, December 7, 2013: ZOO, ZOO, ZOO, ZOO

            Guess what we got to do!? Visit the zoo! We’ve seen pigs, goats, cows, and chickens, but I’ve been waiting almost a month to see some legit African animals! We left this morning for Entebbe Zoo and we had all day to pretty much do whatever we want in Entebbe. Entebbe is a decent city with plenty “muzungu” restaurants, so after the zoo we definitely wanted to check ‘em out and eat some good food. Taylor and I spent a few hours walking around the zoo, seeing pretty much every animal we could. Giraffe, zebra, lion, birds, chimps, hyenas, you name it. I love animals so it was awesome. My favorite part of the zoo happened on our way out. We noticed a momma monkey with her tiny, little cute as hell baby monkey. We weren’t really sure why it was out, but that it was the greatest thing to happen all day. Once we stepped into the parking lot, we saw a swarm of these monkeys! They were just walking around, doing as they pleased. Many on roofs of cars just hanging out and scaring people (although I don’t know why the people were scared because the monkeys were super cute). We asked what in the heck was going on and found at that typically during the day these monkeys venture out of the zoo, but hang nearby and always come back because they know they’re going to get fed. It was so awesome to see and definitely made my day!













tell me the babies aren't the cutest things.





            After the zoo we ventured out to find a restaurant, stopping on the way for a little shopping. I bought some supa cute pants. The restaurant was great; the food was just what we needed! We got to eat some delicious pizza and drink some beer - I splurged on Heineken. Then we ended our celebration with a couple tequila shots. It was so great to get away for the day and just not worry about anything. I got to wear pants out, not get called muzungu, not worry about making lesson plans, just got to spend the day having fun with my friends. AND I got to eat pizza! Pizza is amazing, yes, but I would have been fine with just a block of cheese. Do you know how hard it is to not be able to eat cheese regularly? I love cheese. All kinds of cheese. It’s delicious! Besides a dog, it’s the best friend a girl can have. In Uganda, you can pretty much only get cheese in big cities, so I guess it’ll just have to be a treat whenever we travel!

Love them!



Shoutout to our bartender for putting up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment