equator

equator

Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday, November 22, 2013

            The Rachels thought that a talent show amongst volunteers might be a good idea.  Good idea? More like great idea. Almost everyone participated, even our trainers. There was magic, joke telling, a squat competition, singing, a monologue, a skit by the trainers of a typical matatu ride, dancing, Harlem Globetrotter-esque basketball skills, and, of course, a rap battle. Codie and Steve are the two best people to compete in a rap battle against each other; they took the week to carefully write out the perfect verses and it was hilarious, the perfect culminations of the talent show. I personally have zero talents, unless you count holding babies or rapping “Baby Got Back,” so I decided just to be a spectator. Midway through, though, after a glass or three of wine, I was convinced into singing the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song with two of the guys. Wasn’t my best performance, but it was still hella fun.

            The amount of talent within our group is astounding. I really have to step my game up and find a talent. To see everyone go up there and show us a part of him or herself was so sublime to me, it just added on to all the reasons why these people are awesome.




                                                       


   









No comments:

Post a Comment